Recipe from my Dinner for two biz…
Make Cream Anglaise
- 2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- Set a large fine strainer over a medium bowl and set the bowl in a shallow pan of cold water.
- In a large saucepan, combine the half-and-half and vanilla bean and cook over moderately low heat just until small bubbles appear around the rim, about 5 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the sugar and egg yolks just until combined. Whisk in half of the hot half-and-half in a thin stream. Pour the mixture into the saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the sauce has thickened slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. Immediately strain the sauce into the bowl in the cold water bath to stop the cooking. Scrape the vanilla seeds into the sauce. Serve right away or refrigerate until chilled.
Semi Sweet Chocolate Pieces: Microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted.
Macaroon Cookies mixture ( In processor with tsp of vodka)
Mint cut into chiffonade
For the Pears:
Use a melon baller to scoop out the cavity of the pear, starting at the bottom of the Pear~ Stuff with macaroon cookie mixtures to the top.
Cover with chocolate generously, plate on dinner plate lines with wax paper and chill in refrigerator for 15- 20 minutes until set!
Ladle Cream Anglaise on plate, place pear on top and garnish with mint chiffonade.
Bon Appetit! Cindy- Bucket List Coach Copyright 2014